After a long hard day on the job, do you ever wonder about whether or not you chose the right career path? Well, we are here to tell you that being in the medical industry has its perks! One being that it currently has some of the top growing professions in the country. Within the medical industry, there’s plenty of room for upward growth, expanding your skill sets, and even possibly switching career paths if needed.
Although not all the top-growing professions are medical related, most of them deal with some form of science, technology, or healthcare in one way or another.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, here’s a list of the top, fastest-growing jobs by 2020:
- #8. Nurse Practitioner
- Median Pay: $113,930 per year
- Job Outlook: Overall, employment of nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners is projected to grow 26 percent from 2018 to 2028. The need for nurse practitioners will grow as the population becomes older and looks to more preventative healthcare options.
- #7. Statistician
- Median Pay: $88,190 per year
- Job Outlook: Employment of mathematicians and statisticians is projected to grow 30 percent from 2018 to 2028. The reason behind the growth will be due to businesses and organizations needing these people to interpret all the digital data that is collected.
- #6. Physician Assistants
- Median Pay: $108,610 per year
- Job Outlook: Physician assistants are projected to grow 31 percent from 2018 to 2028. As the demand for healthcare services grow, physician assistants will be needed to provide care to patients.
- #5. Information Security Analyst
- Median Pay: $98,350 per year
- Job Outlook: The employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 32 percent by 2028. The demand for this career is expected to be very high, as these analysts will be needed to create innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical information or causing problems for computer networks.
- #4. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Median Pay: $57,620 per year
- Job Outlook: Overall, the employment of occupational therapy assistants and aides is projected to grow 31 percent by 2028. This growth correlates with the aging population of the country, as well as for treatment for people with various illnesses and disabilities.
- #3. Personal Care Aide/Home Health Aide
- Median Pay: $24,060 per year
- Job Outlook: Home health aides and personal care aides is projected to grow 36 percent from 2018 to 2028. As the baby-boom population ages and the elderly population grows, the demand for the services of home health aides and personal care aides will continue to increase.
- #2. Wind Turbine Service Technician
- Median Pay: $54,370 per year
- Job Outlook: Wind turbine service technician’s employment is projected to grow 57 percent by 2028. Using alternative energy is expected to become a booming career path over the next decade, which includes wind energy.
- #1. Solar Photovoltaic Installer
- Median Pay: $42,680 per year
- Job Outlook: Employment of solar photovoltaic (PV) installers is projected to grow 63 percent by 2028. This large demand for a career is due to more people being predicted to adopt solar energy over the next decade.
So, now that you have your career growth predictions for the next year, what will be your next move? Are you contemplating moving to a bigger city where the salary is greater? Luckily, we have a new feature called the CEUfast Nurse Salary Guide, which can help you form a decision on continuing your career path anywhere within the United States.
While using the guide, you can simply choose a state by using the top left menu or by clicking directly on the state that you’re interested in viewing. For example, if you want to see how much a nurse makes in the state of Georgia, scroll to the state in the menu or click directly on the map. From there, you can scroll through the page and find the salary comparisons broken down by profession and by region.
Perhaps you are interested to see if nurses in the neighboring state of Florida would better fit your financial goals, you can easily navigate to another state page by clicking on the upper left state drop down menu. The CEUfast Nurse Salary Guide will easily provide you all the statistics and comparison information you need to make your decision on where to practice your nursing profession.