This video was first broadcast at the virtual Nursing Times Workforce Summit on 15 November 2023
- Dr Ruth Oshikanlu QN, chief executive officer, Goal Mind Limited
- Patricia Ezechie, career, resilience and wellbeing expert, Patricia Ezechie Coaching and Consultancy
- Helené Donnelly OBE, head of safety culture, Nuffield Health
Bullying and toxic work environments have detrimental effects on nurses’ well-being and retention and on patient care. This panel will focus on understanding and effectively addressing nurse-on-nurse and nurse-on-student bullying within the UK healthcare system. This session aims to equip attendees with practical strategies, tools, and knowledge to address and prevent bullying in nursing, ultimately fostering a culture of respect, professionalism and support.
- Defining and Identifying bullying: Recognising the different manifestations of bullying and distinguishing them from constructive feedback or healthy conflict.
- Understanding the Impact: Exploring the physical, emotional, and professional consequences of bullying on nurses and nursing students.
- Creating a culture of accountability: Strategies for promoting a safe and inclusive work environment, fostering open communication, and holding individuals accountable for their behaviour.
Videos from the 2023 Nursing Times Workforce Summit
Visit the Watch NT Events page to watch more videos from the virtual summit and other Nursing Times events.