Nurse.org is now accepting nominations for our SECOND annual Nurse.org ICON Awards! This year, nurses told us they wanted fewer categories and more awards recognizing nurses and nursing students. We listened to that feedback and are proud to announce the Nurse.org ICON Awards 2022.
>>See award categories and nominate now!
Nominate To An Award Category
Nominate all your favorite nurses and nursing students into 6 different categories and make sure to include examples. The winners will receive cash prizes and other awards!
You can nominate to multiple categories or nominate yourself.
Here’s how it works:
- Nominate nurses and nursing students in 6 different categories
- 5 nurses and nursing students, in each category, who receive the most nominations will be named finalists
- Finalists will all receive a digital awards badge naming them as a finalist
- The nursing community will vote for the winners of each category
- The nurses and nursing students with the most votes in their category will be named winners of that award category
- Winners of each category will receive: Award plaque and a $200 VISA gift card!
- The 6 winners of each category progress to the final round of voting
- During the final round of voting, the nursing community will vote for ONE of the 6 winners as this year’s Nurse.org ICON Award recipient
- The Nurse.org ICON Award recipient will receive: Award trophy, a $500 VISA gift card, and a featured article on Nurse.org!
Jump To a Section:
Nurse Leader of The Year
Nominate a nurse who truly leads by example either on your nursing unit, within your local community, internationally or digitally. Make sure to include specific stories and examples of their leadership abilities.
Most Inspirational Nurse
Nominate a nurse whose example sparked meaningful change and conversations within the nursing community. Someone who truly inspires you. Make sure to include specific stories and examples of their inspirational work.
Nurse Creator of The Year
Nominate a nurse who you follow on social media because you love their funny, educational, viral content. Make sure to include specific examples of their content or link out to their social media accounts.
Nurse Innovator of The Year
Nominate a nurse whose innovations within the nursing profession have been truly transformational to your facility, local community, worldwide, or digitally. Make sure to include stories and examples of their work or link out to websites and other forms of media.
New Nurse Go-Getter
Nominate a nurse with less than 3 years of nursing experience who goes above and beyond for the nursing profession and their patients. Make sure to include stories and examples of their work.
Nursing Student To Watch
Nominate a nursing student who portrays a strong dedication to the nursing profession and displays exceptional leadership potential. Make sure to include stories and examples of their work.
- Nurse.org ICON Award Winner: The Winner will receive $500 VISA gift card, an official award trophy, and featured article on Nurse.org
- Category Winners: All 6 winners will receive $200 VISA gift card and a Nurse.org ICON Award 2022 official plaque.
- Finalists: All 30 finalists will receive a digital award badge naming them a Nurse.org ICON Award finalist of 2022.
- Nominations Phase: November 29-Jan.6
- Category Finalists Announced: Jan. 11
- Category Voting Phase: Jan. 11-25
- Category Winners Announced: January 26
- ICON Award Voting: Jan 26-Feb. 9
- ICON Award Winner announced: Feb. 13
See Last Year’s 2021 Winners:
- The nursing issue of the year – Nurse Burnout
- Nurse image of the year – “Hero” by @mjhiblenart
- Legislator(s) of the year – Senator Sherrod Brown & Representative Jan Schakowsky – introduced “S.1567 – Nurse Staffing Standards for Hospital Patient Safety and Quality Care Act of 2021”