A Medical Surgical RN performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical RN’s work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Medical Surgical RN can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
As a Medical Surgical RN your duties consist of:
- Handling patient admissions and assessments.
- Giving needed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Carrying out doctors orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.