Alexandria, VA, USA
About Actriv Healthcare Inc.
We are a patient-centric organization on a mission to help healthcare facilities meet their patient care goals. Caring is the foundation of our culture and what sets us apart. Hence Inc Magazine recognized Actriv Healthcare as the No.1 fastest growing Staffing company in America in the Inc 5000 annual list.
Actriv is looking for nurses to join our growing team! As an Actriv nurse you’ll have access to shifts at a variety of facilities. The Actriv app allows you the freedom to choose shifts that fit your schedule and interests. A nurse can work for us full-time or part-time.
Certified Nursing Assistant – CNA
· Dental insurance
· Health insurance
· Vision insurance
Per Diem, Travel Or Contract
Shifts: Day Shift, Evening, NOC (Nights), Weekends (10hrs x 4 days; 8hrs x 5 days; 12hrs x 3 days)
Client Settings: Skilled Nursing, Post-Acute, Rehabilitation, Behavioral Health, Assisted Living and Memory Care, Hospice Clinics, Hospitals, Correctional Facilities, Schools, and Urgent Care
Helps patients by supporting personal hygiene and daily living needs, Providing comfort, transportation, and vital sign monitoring.
Nursing Assistant Job Duties:
• Provides patients’ personal hygiene by giving bed pans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
• Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as Necessary; ambulating, turning and positioning patients; providing fresh water, and nourishment between meals.
• Checking weight; and recording intake and output information.
• Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients’ call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
• Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
• Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping patient information confidential. • Serves and protect the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards. • Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.
• Enhances nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different request; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Plan for future meals, check expiration dates on food.
• Cooking meals.
• Do laundry (may include light ironing)
• Light housekeeping duties (such as vacuuming and dusting)
• Take out the trash.
• Remind patients when to take medications.
• Engage in mental and physical exercises.
• Escort patients to appointments (doctor, physical therapy, hair salon, etc.)
• Engage in regular activities (talking, games, etc.)
• Provide companionship.
• Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
• Holds the minimum education, experience and skills to perform responsibilities.
• Must have and continue a clean Criminal Background report.
• Must have and continue a clean Sex Offender report.
• Must have and continue a clean Child and Adult Protective Service report.
• Understand, speak, read and write English clearly.
• Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds.
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach.
• Ability to walk independently up and down a normal flight of 13–15 stairs.
• Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions.
• Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect.
• Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations.
• Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner.
1. Exposure to significant work pace/pressure
2. Exposure to chemicals and disinfectants
3. Exposure to bodily fluids
4. Work in well lighted, heated, air-conditioned buildings.
1. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with known disabilities, unless to do so would impose a hardship on the operations of the facility.
2. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.